Our training begins by examining and practicing one-on-one negotiation. After that it gets harder, with the individual participants teaming up in groups to solve larger-scale tasks.
During the course, we use case studies and create roleplays tailored for the level of each participant.
The use of video technology in our lessons lets us personalize feedback and makes the process more effective, as it allows for immediate correction of approach and negotiating style. During the course, participants share their own experiences in conducting procurement negotiations, uncovering weak spots and tools for perfecting their skills.
We’re confident that our system of empirical training methods is just what you need to achieve long-term, practical results.
Who can benefit from this course
This course is recommended for logistics and supply chain specialists and managers, heads of procurement and anyone involved in managing a company’s procurement of goods and services and wishing to improve his/her procurement negotiation ability.
- Goals and objectives
- Important terms and definitions
- Stages of the negotiation process
- Time management in negotiation
- Negotiation strategy with suppliers
- Negotiating styles for procurement
- Evaluation of negotiating styles
- Negotiation tricks and techniques
- Case example
- Portrait of an effective negotiator
- Evaluations and opinions
Upon completing our course
- You’ll gain skills that will give you a competitive edge on experienced sales managers
- You’ll learn how to collaborate with other procurement people in a company
- You’ll learn how to manage time effectively
- You’ll learn how to offset competitor advantages
- You’ll learn how to defend your position in negotiations with minimal concession
- You’ll learn how to save resources
- You’ll gain a better understanding of the interests of internal and external procurement people and know how to maximize your interaction
- You’ll learn how to employ different negotiating styles for maximum effect, from collaboration to competition
- You’ll learn ways to persuade and influence people, and be able to achieve your goals more quickly and effectively
- You’ll learn how to choose the best approach to working with procurement people
- You’ll learn how to assuage a partner’s concerns and ask the right questions to get the information you need
- You’ll have the opportunity to practice your negotiation skills and get advice from an experienced expert
IN A MINUTE